This post contains affiliate links.
Obviously I knew I had to make myself some super special ears for the Disneyland 60th anniversary celebration kickoff on May 22nd. I thought about them for a long time and eventually ended up designing them around the bow that was attached to our swag from the 60th reveal party. Not going to lie, I LOVE how these came out. Seriously. I can’t wait to wear them next week! If you want to make a set of your own, here’s how to do it!
1. Gather supplies: blue adhesive glitter foam, ear template, single rhinestones, “bling on a roll”, E6000 glue, a blue headband, super blingy bow (again, this one was already in existence for me, but you could easily make your own). With the exception of the headband, which I found at JoAnn, all of my supplies are from Michael’s.
2. Trace the ear template onto the back of the foam and cut out.
3. Glue rhinestones onto the ears. You could make a pattern of some sort, but I went with the random sprinkling look. These rhinestones were already sticky on the back, but I used E6000 glue as well to make sure they stay in place.
4. Remove the backing from the foam and attach the ears to your headband.
5. Place the “bling on a roll” around the edges of the ears. Again, this is already sticky on the back, but I used additional glue to make sure they stayed in place.
6. Attach the bow to the center of the ears. You can use the E6000 for this, or hot glue if you prefer (hot glue dries a little faster so it is somewhat easier to use).
And now you have a super blingy, custom pair of ears! Seriously cannot wait for next week. Anyone else attending the kickoff on the 22nd?
Here are links to the supplies needed for this craft…