This post contains affiliate links.
I don’t know about you guys, but I tend to go in waves when it comes to things I enjoy. I’ll become stuck on one thing for months on end, get tired of it and switch to something new. Today I am going to share with you some of my current obsessions, along with some things I have been stuck on for years (and those are the things you should pay attention to because if it has lasted, it has to be good). If you want to be super awesome, click the links and purchase some of these goodies for yourself (and by doing so, you’ll also throw me a few pennies, which I totally appreciate).
1. Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas: I just finished the third book in this series, and I am totally hooked. The fourth book is currently only available in hardback so I’m going to try to hold out as long as I can before I buy it (all the other three I have are in paperback and I need my series books to match…because I’m anal like that). In the meantime, I’ll have to satisfy my needs with the prequel, which I picked up the other day. If you’re into young adult lit or fantasy/adventure, definitely pick this one up.
2. The Straight Up with Stassi Podcast: If you know me, you know I am a reality TV whore (just keep reading) so I already knew and loved Stassi since she is head bitch in charge on Vanderpump Rules. Her podcast is hilarious, especially since many of her guests are female comedians. She talks about all kinds of pop culture stuff, including lots of other reality TV shows, and it is super fun to listen to all her stories and insight.
3. Spray Sunscreen for Kids: Squirt has been spending tons of time outside this summer and if you have ever tried to lotion up a wriggling toddler, you know what a nightmare sunscreen can be. But we live in So Cal and it is hot AF right now and sunscreen is a must. Luckily, some genius invented spray sunscreen, which, my kid at least, thinks is hilarious. Also, it’s way faster and way less messy/greasy than the old fashioned stuff.
4. The Bachelorette: It wouldn’t be summer without The Bachelorette and so far I am loving JoJo. However, her men kind of suck. I don’t trust any of them at this point, and my favorite, Wells, was sent home in the last episode. #sadface The rest of the guys seem like assholes (I’m sure they’re lovely in person, but I can only judge based on what I see on my TV).
5. Vintage Real Housewives Marathons: Oh Bravo, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. Lately Bravo has been blessing us with some super awesome marathons of early seasons of my favorite Housewives franchises. Now, I have watched the Housewives since the beginning so these are episodes I have already seen, but it has been absolutely fabulous to watch them again, ten years later. I totally forgot how batshit crazy Alex and Simon are.
6. The Schick Hydro Silk Razor : Ugh. Summer is here and that means I actually have to shave on a regular basis. Booooooo. I freakin’ hate shaving. Luckily, a while back I got to review this razor and I have actually gone back and purchased it on my own several times since then. The best thing about this razor is that you don’t need any kind of shaving cream or soap, shave gel is built into the razor itself. Also, it has like 20 blades (or like five) so I’m usually good with one swipe. Anything that makes the shaving process easier is a win.
7. Blue Nail Polish: Okay, this one is totally random and I have no idea where it came from since I am typically ride or die pink when it comes to my nails, but lately I have been drawn to the blue. It’s currently gracing my nails and I think it will be on my toes the next time I find a minute to give myself a pedi.
8. HGTV Magazine: I love this magazine, and it is one of the few I actually buy on a regular basis. I am mainly drawn to the bright colors, but I also love it for the awesome DIY tutorials and projects you can find inside. The only bad thing is that it makes me want to redecorate my entire house every time I read a new issue.
9. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner: Despite the super obnoxious long name, this leave in conditioner is the shit. I became addicted to it when I worked a short stint at a beauty supply store, which was awesome because I got a sweet discount. Since then, I have tried other leave ins, mostly because I spent a lot of time being broke, but nothing has ever come close to this stuff. In the summer months when I am in the sun and the pool all the time, this conditioner saves my hair. Also, you should totally buy it from Amazon (click the link!) because I just spent $17.99 for a bottle at Target and it is only $11.00 on Amazon. Boo me.
10. Owl Crate Subscription Box: Seriously, I am in love with this subscription. I have never signed up for a subscription service before and this was the first one that really piqued my interest enough to sign up. I just received my third box and it was my favorite one yet. I am already counting down to next month’s box!
What are your current obsessions? Anything you can’t live without that I should try? Let me know!