It’s that time of year when I rehash all the awesomeness I have thrown out into the interwebs during the course of the hurricane that was 2017. These are NOT my favorite posts of the year (though some of them are high on my list), rather these are the posts that had the most pageviews, which kinda sorta means they were popular with you fine folks. Here’s what you were into:
10. Owl Crate Subscription Box December: I actually stopped doing these posts because they didn’t seem to be very popular, but December must have been a good month because you guys were into it!
9. It’s the Ten Disney Commandments: This was definitely one of my favorite posts to write. Now if I only I could get people to start following these rules…
8. How to Step Up Your Style in 2017: Looking back, I maybe did not actually accomplish a lot of these style goals I set for myself, but overall, I think I stepped up my game. A little.
7. Scum and Villainy Cantina Review: We had a blast at SVC and I am dying to go back.
6. Me Too: This was one of the hardest posts for me to write this year, but I am so glad it is on the list. I think it is so important for all women to be able to share their stories, and it really did help me to share this experience. I also got tons of great feedback from women in my life, both past and present, who said the post resonated with them. Which is awesome, and I love it. Girl power.
5. I Wrote a Book: Typing that still kind of freaks me out. But hey, not only did I self-publish my first book this year, I also wrote a second one! So far that one is bringing me nothing but agent rejections, but I did it, and 2018 is going to be the year of writing.
4. 2016 Year in Review: Not exactly the most positive year in review post because 2016. But it felt reeeeaaaaally good to let that shit out.
3. Beauty and the Beast at the El Capitan: Kinda surprised this one ranked so high, but BATB was a big movie earlier this year, and there is something so special about seeing it at the El Cap. I’m glad I got to share my experience with others who might be not be able to get there themselves!
2. DIY Watercolor Bookmarks: I’m still obsessed with these, so I’m so glad y’all like them too! I just printed out another batch that I need to watercolor. They are so much fun to make and I love using them.
1. Shrinky Dink Pins: Guys, this post has more than double the pageviews of my number two post. Wha tha wha?!?!? I don’t know what it is that stuck out about this post, but yay for nerdy pins!
Wow. 2017 was a year of ups and downs, and honestly, it’s nice to just focus on the ups for a minute! I had a ton of fun writing (most of) these posts and I am thrilled that you guys loved them too. Here’s to 2018!