This post contains affiliate links.
It is the season of giving, so today I have for you ten things that I am currently obsessed with. In case you want to buy me stuff, or need gift suggestions, or want to do some holiday shopping for yourself! These are some of my tried and true favorite things!
1. Defy Nail Polish. I discovered this brand at Target when I couldn’t stomach forking over $10 for Essie (my former go to brand). I am now obsessed with Defy. It goes on so easily and lasts a long time. I am tough on my nails, but my manicures have been holding on for at least a week, even with chasing a toddler and setting up a wedding. New favorite brand!
2.The Lunar Chronicles Series. I don’t know how it took me so long to read these books, but I freaking love them. They are sci-fi adaptations of fairy tales, and they are so well written. I have read all of them but the final book, which I am anxiously awaiting as we speak!
3. Romeo and Juliet. Okay, so this one isn’t totally new, but I’m experiencing a resurgence of my love for R and J. I love Shakespeare and R and J was the first Shakespeare play I ever read. I have been rereading the play and watching as many versions as I can. I was not super impressed with the latest Broadway production, Orlando Bloom was one of the few bright spots (and not just because he’s super delicious) but I’m going to cleanse my palette with the Leo version soon.
5. Vanderpump Rules. This again, is nothing new. I have loved VPR from the beginning (as a former waitress, I can attest to it being one of the realest reality shows there is). Now that I am an avid listener of Stassi’s podcast I feel like I have a whole new insight into the cast and their relationships and I love it!
6. Owl Crate. If you are a frequenter of my blog then you have probably happened upon one or more of my Owl Crate reveals. Owl Crate is a subscription box for young adult lit fans like myself and it just keeps on getting better and better. The theme for the December box is Epic and I am so excited to see what it includes!
7. Chapstick, the original. Now that it is winter, my lips have been dry AF and I freaking hate that feeling. I used to use a lot of the trendier “all natural” lip balms, but they seemed to make my lips drier, not more moisturized. So I went back to the original brand and I have been loving how my lips feel!
8. The Crown. I have always been a fan of British history, so I was super psyched to see the trailers for The Crown on Netflix. Well, I of course flew through the first season in a matter of days and now I am waiting on pins and needles for season two–which doesn’t come out for a whole year!
9. Michael Kors Crossbody. This is the perfect bag for a day at Disneyland with Squirt. I can put all my big items (emergency kit, glasses case, etc.) in the diaper bag, but I don’t like leaving my wallet in the stroller when we go on rides. This bag is perfect because it holds my wallet and my phone and it stays out of the way and keeps my hands free to deal with the little dude.
10. Home Goods. From what I can tell, Home Goods stores are not in all areas of the country, and I feel so bad for those of you who may not have access. Home Goods is a discount store selling–wait for it–goods for the home. They have the best selection of cute mugs, plus so many other awesome and unexpected goodies like stationery and kids’ books. It’s basically my favorite store.
Well, that about covers my current obsessions. What are you currently obsessed with? Let me know so I can find some new obsessions for next time!