Okay, first, I have to apologize for the terrible photo quality here. My hallway is super shadowy and dark (like most hallways, I assume) and there is no good light. Therefore, pics did not turn out so great. But hopefully you can get the idea! I decided to add this photo display to my new house for a couple of reasons. One, the hallway is one of the few places in the house that isn’t currently a complete disaster. Two, I love displaying pictures around the home. Three, Squirt is a big fan of looking at pictures of himself. What can I say, even he knows he’s adorable. So here is how to put together your own Instagram photo display!
1. Gather your supplies: small binder clips (the smallest size they have), photo hanging wire, eye screws, scissors, and 4 x 4 pictures (I love to order mine from Postal Pix).
2. Mark out the spacing you want and screw in the eye (like a hook and eye, minus the hook). I measured 12 inches from the end of the wall on each side. Each line of photos is eight inches from the other.
3. Thread the wire through the eye and wrap the end around.
4. Stretch the wire across the wall to the other side and repeat on the opposite end.
5. Use the binder clips to hang your pictures from the wire. The beauty of this display is that the pictures don’t have to be evenly spaced or hang straight. They can be at different angles and it doesn’t really matter.
And there you have it! I love this display for a lot of reasons. I love that you can easily change out and update the pictures as you have new experiences. I love that it is a little quirky and not totally perfect looking. And mostly, I love that it is a great representation of my little family (mostly Squirt, since he is obviously the cutest). This is the first real project I have completed in our new house and it has me itchin’ for more! I can’t wait to tackle some more decor!