Guess what, readers? It’s my birthday week! Yes, I know how obnoxious it is for a grown woman to celebrate her birthday for a whole week, but I don’t really care. I do what I want! As I am steadily approaching mid-thirties, I’ve been thinking about some of the things I want to accomplish before the big 4-0. Luckily, most of my major life goals have been checked off the list (married, kid, house, the usual). Now I get to focus on the fun stuff! So I’ve put together a list of the thirty random, odd, but important things I want to do before I turn forty. I’m excited to get started!
1. Visit five new states.
2. Go to two new baseball stadiums.
3. Get another tattoo.
4. Leave the country for the first time.
5. Run a 10k.
6. Win a round of bar trivia.
7. Donate blood.
8. Take the official Jeopardy quiz.
9. Renew vows with the hubs.
10. Go to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration.
11. Have a blog post go viral.
12. Take Squirt to his first play (a real one, not one of mine).
13. Learn to play the piano.
14. Finish the Game of Thrones books.
15. Eat at Napa Rose.
16. Try avocado again (I feel like the only Southern Californian that doesn’t like it).
17. Publish a book.
18. Go surfing.
19. Play tennis.
20. Attend a blog conference.
21. Get to the point where I feel comfortable leaving teaching and working for myself.
22. “Finish” the house (it will never truly be done, talking more about the big stuff).
23. Learn how to sew.
24. Take a cruise.
25. Go on a road trip with Squirt.
26. Establish a house-cleaning routine.
27. Get over my fear of public speaking.
28. Serve as a team mom.
29. Do all the Disneyland attractions I haven’t done before.
30. Go back to Hawaii.
Obviously some of these are loftier than others, but I am going to be working on all of them for the next eight years. I’ll keep you posted on my progress, as always! What’s on your bucket list? Anything fun I missed?