It’s hard to believe, but we are almost halfway through 2015. When did that happen? In January, I made a list of goals both personal and professional that I wanted to accomplish throughout the year. I thought now would be a good time to check in on my progress and see how things are going (and see what I still need to work on).
Here are the goals I came up with for myself:
Blog/Social Media Goals:
1. Tweet at least twice a day
2. Get up to 500 twitter followers (currently at 300)
3. Post at least one pic on Instagram each day
4. Get up to 300 followers on Instagram (currently at 50)
5. Post at least two new blog posts each week
6. Get up to 10,000 pageviews a month (currently at 1,000)
7. Get up to 2,500 followers on Pinterest (currently at 2,100)
8. Make some income from the blog
9. Be invited to some sort of event because my affiliation with the blog (preferably a Disney event)
10. Actually utilize my Facebook page for the blog
1. Actually do some running in the Never Land 5k (which I am participating in in May)–the past two years I have walked the whole thing, this year I would like to run most of it
2. Complete the Disneyland 10k in September
3. Buy a new house, which means selling our current house, and of course moving
4. Maintain the healthier lifestyle I started this year (before holiday splurging)
5. Apply for the 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel and make it to round three.
And here’s how I’m currently doing:
Blog and Social Media Goals
–I’m currently at 427 followers on Twitter, only 73 away from my goal. I do tweet at least twice most days, though sometimes I cheat and count my Instagrams as tweets. But there have definitely been days when I tweeted more than twice, so I think that makes up for slow days. I’m trying to engage more on Twitter and not just post links and that’s something I still need to work on.
–I currently have 227 followers on Instagram, only 73 away from my goal. I have seen a lot of growth in terms of my followers on Instagram, which has been nice. I’ve also been pretty good about posting at least one picture a day. I would like to work on editing my photos (I never even use filters) to make them pop a little more.
–Despite having some crazy busy weeks, I have posted at least two blog posts a week, which is awesome. However, my pageviews are hovering around 2500. That’s good growth, but nowhere near my goal. This one is frustrating because I don’t have a lot of control over it. I just have to keep producing quality content and keep plugging away!
–I have crushed my Pinterest goal already, I currently have over 2700 followers on Pinterest. It wasn’t a specific goal, but I have also seen some Pinterest success with a lot of my DIY projects getting lots of repins, which is nice.
–As of now I have not made income specifically from this blog and I have not been invited to any events, but I will keep on working toward those goals in the last six months of the year!
–I have used Facebook a little, but nowhere near the amount I should be. That is also something I will work on in the remaining six months of the year!
Two of my personal goals are going to transpire in September (10k and Moms Panel) so no updates on those. We did buy a new house that we should be closing on next week, which I am very excited about. I can’t wait to decorate my new office and get to work on Squirt’s big kid room. While it was not as much as I would have liked, I did do some running during the Neverland 5k (race recap can be read here). We ran enough that we were able to stop for most of the photo ops, which we’ve never done before, so that was awesome. As far as a healthier lifestyle, I just ate a caesar salad and mac n cheese so I’ll let you make your own judgement there. I need to step up my workout game to be ready for the 10k and for my sister’s upcoming wedding. If a bridesmaids dress isn’t workout motivation, I don’t know what is!
All in all, I am pretty proud of myself for all that I have accomplished so far this year. I hope to continue the work throughout the rest of the year!